Monday, September 28, 2009
Nature stroll and first mosquito bite
Today Becky and Camden came up to visit. After lunch with Nana on the patio at McAlisters we decided to do something outside with our girls. It was such a BEAUTIFUL day! We decided on taking them for a stroll by the lake on the nature trail. However, it became MUCH more of a "chore" than we had planned on. First of all, we crammed two car seats into my Altima. Then as we were headed home (to change diapers and pick up my stroller) we realized that we needed another stroller for Camden (I was going to just put them both in my stroller but Becky insisted that it would not work). Thank goodness Nana was in Walmart so she bought us one and we picked it up from her in the parking lot at Walmart. Well... after all the riding and in and out of the car, Lily decided that she was hungry again and began to let out small "cries". Camden can not handle it when anyone cries (even fake cries) and she became hysterical in her car seat crying too. It seemed like just when Camden would quit crying and calm down Lily would let out another little "cry" and then Camden would start all over again! We eventually made it to the lake and as soon as we put them in the strollers and I fed Lily all was well! We were enjoying the beautiful weather, talking, and the nature (we found a turtle on the trail and Becky picked it up and showed it to Camden & we also saw a deer) UNTIL...we made it half way through the trail and all of a sudden we were SWARMED with mosquitoes, we started running (well jogging) and could not get away from them. We looked so funny I know cause we were running/jogging with strollers, yelling and swatting each other and the babies! It seemed like the further we went the worse it got. Bailing out of the woods seemed to be our only escape from the millions of mosquitoes, so we made our own trail out of the woods and onto the main road. BUT...taking this "shortcut" out of the woods proved to be anything but a shortcut. We had to walk about 1/2-1 mile to get back to the car!! In the midst of all the chaos I was flipping out (on the inside) because Lily had received her first mosquito bite on her little face, i just knew it would be terrible and I felt terrible for "letting" it happen. BUT, needless to say it just left a tiny red dot on her face and it hasn't seemed to phase her! Such a simple idea turned into the biggest ordeal with two little ones in tow. I brought my camera and had good intentions of taking some pictures, but in all the chaos I forgot about the camera...so we don't have pictures of our small adventure, but I will surely never forget it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment