It is extremely hard to believe that we have had 9 Christmases without my father. He died on October 8, 2002. Words cannot express the sadness, homesickness, and loss I still feel around the holidays and especially on Christmas. Even though there is so much joy and happiness with my family and so many wonderful holiday memories to cherish it is still really hard. They say it gets better with time, but I disagree. I think over time it gets harder because there is so much more happening in my life that I wish he was physically here to be a part of. This is a poem I found Christmas 2006 and I wanted to post it today:
A Man To Remember:
My father was a man
with a character as solid
as his handshake
and a heart that was always
in the right place…..
The ring of his laughter
brings back a whole childhood
of Merry Christmases for me.
And whenever I hear the
word “kindness”, I still see his face…..
That’s why I’ll never say
believing in Santa is wrong…..
I lived in his house
All year long.
No comments:
Post a Comment