This month I had another extremely HARD decision to make. Allen's job offered us an all inclusive trip to Cancun. I was torn between spending time with my sweet hubby on the beautiful beaches of the Caribbean and leaving Lily for 5 days. With MUCH encouragement from friends and family, we decided to go. After many, many, many tears and packing and unpacking 3 times, we finally left on the 9th for Cancun. The trip was worth the struggle and tears. The weather was absolutely beautiful the entire time we were there! 89 degrees. We had a blast and enjoyed the much needed time alone together. We were able to swim with dolphins and we acted like big kids at a water park owned by our resort too. Most of the time, however, we just enjoyed being in the pool and soaking up the sun! We ate, drank, and soaked up a lot of sun over the course of our stay at the Cancun Palace. Oh, and just saying we ate a lot is an understatement, I'm sure I gained 10 lbs in 5 days! The food was amazing and abundant. The service at the resort was also amazing, they made sure our every need was met even before we knew what that need was. I felt so pampered and a little spoiled when we left. Helena (Allen's work) also gave us $150.00 to use in the spa, so the day before we left I was able to get a much needed massage, manicure, and pedicure. Time flew by and although I did miss Lily, I'm glad we took advantage of this opportunity.
Our view from our balcony
Steps leading down to our beach
I think this was the only time his drink was empty and no
one came that instant to fill it back up!
Our "new" friends Andrew & Lauren Wicker
The waves were HUGE, it was really shallow where we were

Swimming with the Dolphins

No comments:
Post a Comment