Here is what we have been doing the past month. It has been one thing after the other! Lots and lots of fun, just not enough time to keep y'all posted!
Haley's Graduation
Congrats to my sweet step-sister on her graduation from Delta State University! She is only 20 years old and has squeezed A LOT of school into a short time and on top of that has made EXCELLENT grades! Way to Go Haley!
Kaylee's 3rd Birthday
Allen's sweet niece Kaylee hit her 3rd birthday this month and her grandfather hosted a HUGE cowgirl themed party in Indianola! Complete with a full blown petting zoo and pony rides for all! It was so much fun and the food was yummy too! Lily really enjoyed it.
Big birthday girl!
First Mother's Day
I had an amazing first mother's day. Allen and Lily went all out to show their appreciation for me. I really felt special and loved. That day made me reflect on a few things...before I was a Mama....I slept as late as I wanted and never worried about how late I got into bed. I cleaned my house each day. I never tripped over toys or bouncy seats. I didn't worry whether or not my plants were poisonous. I never thought about immunizations. I had complete control of my mind and my thoughts. I slept all night. I never held down a screaming child so that doctors could do tests...or give shots. I never looked into teary eyes and cried. I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin. I never sat up late hours at night watching a baby sleep. I never held a sleeping baby late late at night just because I didn't want to put it down. I never felt my heart break into a million pieces when I couldn't stop the hurt. I never knew that something so small could affect my life so much. I never knew that I could love someone so much. I didn't know the feeling of having my heart outside my body. I didn't know how special it could feel to feed a hungry baby. I didn't know that bond between a mother and her child. I didn't know that something so small could make me feel so important or proud. I had never gotten up in the middle of the night every 10 minutes to make sure all was okay. I had never known the warmth, the joy, the love, the heartache, the wonderment or the satisfaction of being a mom. I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much before I was a Mama.
Baby Neil's Dedication
Mother's Day was also my sweet precious nephews baby dedication. Friends and family came to Becky and Marvin's church to celebrate and witness this very special event. We all had a wonderful lunch at Yiannis after church. (I'm just very upset that I didn't get any pictures of just Neil by himself!)
California or BUST!
Me and Allen took a quick trip memorial weekend to southern California. We really enjoyed the much needed one on one time together and sightseeing. We went all over the place: Beverly
Hills, Hollywood, Pasadena, Long Beach, Venice Beach, and Santa Monica Beach. Huge thanks to Nana for spoiling Lily while we were away!

Memorial for the soldiers on Santa Monica Beach

Santa Monica Boardwalk

Rose Bowl
Here are just a few to get you wanting more...I don't have time tonight to load more!
I'm just serious! Night Night!



No comments:
Post a Comment