Over lunch with the girls today, conversation about how Lily sleeps/naps popped up. Landon suggested I post this picture. But first of course, the story behind the picture :) Ever since Lily was born she has preferred sleeping on VERY soft surfaces. In the bassinet beside our bed, until she was almost 3 months old, she slept on a pillow (her whole body on an adult full size pillow) on her back. You may ask how did you figure this out and why on earth would you do it, the answer is... sleep deprivation. She would not lay on any other surface for longer than 30 min without waking up. I tried EVERYTHING! We had an angel care monitor (that alerts you if the baby stops breathing) in the bassinet and she was not rolling over soooooo even though it looked like it was a SIDS trap, Lily slept like a princess! Well, when it was time for her to move into her "big" bed (crib) in her room we had a dilemma; Lily needed extra "padding" in her crib....here is what I came up with :)
She sleeps so good on her fluff pile in her crib
A perfect set-up for the little princess!
I love all the blankets!! Believe it or not, we do the same thing for Molly. She still sleeps in her basinet beside our bed and the matress was so hard that I did it to keep from buying another matress and/or matress pad. Horrible, I know. I don't know when we're going to break down and put her in her big bed.
ReplyDeletethat is so funny! you just have to do what you can to get some sleep :) molly is getting so big! can't believe how fast they are growing!
ReplyDelete