Wednesday, January 20, 2010
RSV & sick mommy
WOW, this has been a hard week! Lily's little cold turned into or turned out to be RSV. She was still a little congested on Monday so I decided to take her into the doctor. She did not sound like an RSV baby (coughing like crazy and unable to breathe) and praise God it was only a mild case (no hospitalization/breathing treatments). The doctor prescribed us Albuterol 3xday by mouth. Lily has been such a happy, sick baby. The doctor told us the side effects of the medicine would make her irritable and make it difficult for her to sleep. She was already having trouble sleeping from the congestion but the medicine made my little baby soooooo extremely hyper. I wish I would have videoed it; it was actually quite amusing. I was very happy when we went back for her checkup and the doctor told us we could cut back on the medicine and her lungs sounded perfect! In the midst of all our worry/stress about Lily being sick, I was also very very sick. I called my doctor and since I'm still breast-feeding there was only a few antibiotics/medicine that I could take. My mama came over and helped out with Lily or I don't know how I would have made it. Allen also took off work one day to help too! I still sound really bad (congestion/coughing) but no more fever and I feel so much better! I called to talk to mama today and she sounds horrible and does not feel well. Allen went to the doctor to start on a round of antibiotics (he is now coughing and congested). Please pray for a speedy recovery for both of them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Bless yall's hearts! Lily is soooo pretty! And growing so fast! I really can't believe how fast... I hope Jackson won't grow that fast. I want him to be a little bitty baby forever! Can't wait to see you in Feb!
ReplyDelete