Monday, August 1, 2011
Rambling....
I am home alone tonight and Lily went straight to sleep at 8:00. House is cleaned, laundry done, and I'm twiddling my thumbs and dying to know if this precious life inside me is a baby girl or boy! I can't wait to find out next month! If all goes as planned then I should find out the day after Labor Day. The past few weeks I've been in a SERIOUS nesting phase trying to start minor home renovations (new carpet in all the bedrooms, painting this stained trim all over my house white, painting Lily's room to match her new big girl bedding and painting the baby's room a neutral green that will match my boy bedding handed down from my sister or our current girl bedding). Of course all this work is not going to be done by us so waiting and calling and getting estimates and all the fun that goes with that has a very inpatient preggos stomach in knots...I'm used to wanting something done and doing it myself so the Lord has really been teaching me patience the past month! I can't wait to get the kids rooms in order. For those of you who have had the privilege of seeing our humble LITTLE home you will know that coming up with a bedroom for the baby has been a huge ordeal in itself! We have 3 tiny bedrooms and one of which has been a sewing room/office/Allen's music room/catch all for everything else that didn't have a home. So, instead of adding on to the house we bought a metal storage building and Allen did all the insulating, flooring, ceiling, electrical and whatever else had to be done to make it what he calls his "man cave". It has turned out extremely well and for the minor cost of it all has proved to be a wonderful decision. I even have a huge portion of the building for my sewing and am thrilled to have a place where I can leave everything out and set-up! Speaking of sewing, I have been extremely blessed! I have been so busy filling orders that at times I can't keep up! I even had to recruit my sewing sister to help! I placed a few of my appliqued onesies and t-shirts and pillow case dresses in a local "boothtique" and what I thought was just gonna be something small has turned into something big! Praise and glory to God for allowing me to actually make money while doing something I really enjoy! Lily is growing TOOOOOO FAST!!!!! Talking in partial sentences and really getting her own dramatic, sweet, cute, & loving personality. She is sharp as a tack and just a little sponge! She can count to 10, recognize a lot of letters, has memorized 1 bible verse and she even knows about 10 letter sounds. She LOVES her baby dolls; she rocks them, changes their diapers, feeds them, soothes them, puts them to sleep, and even disciplines them as needed ;) I can't believe she will be 2 in 21 days!!! I can't wait for her birthday party. I have been checking out preschools :( which really makes me want to cry! I'll be putting her on a waiting list this year. What a joyful amazing two years this has been. I never knew I could feel this much love and be this content! Thank-you Lord for this precious gift. At times the responsibility seems overwhelming but what a honor! Ok, I could keep rambling but I'm getting sleepy, sooooo until next blog.... which will probably be Lily's 2nd Birthday party!!!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment